From Omar Gonzalez <omarg.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: passing url as argument from one air application to another at startup of second air application
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 19:42:49 GMT
On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Avinash Narayanan <avinashapr9@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Tink & Omar,
>
> Thanks for that info. I had tried the escape(), encodeURI(),
> encodeURIComponent()
> but they add % which is also not allowed. The only spl. characters allowed
> are :=- and " of course. However the Base64 encoder seems to be working
> fine (no idea why since byte array wasn't?) but why remove the last '=' and
> add it later on? didn't get that logic actually.
>
> Thanks
> Avinash Y

I think Tink was suggesting removing the '=' character because you had said
special characters were the issue. Glad it allows that character though
since it makes it compatible.

I wouldn't try removing that = sign and replacing it anyhow. Base64
encoding uses the '=' character to denote the amount of bits left over when
it encodes to Base64. In some cases it could be 1 equals sign, in some
cases it can be 2.

Glad you got it working though.

-omar