From Omar Gonzalez <omarg.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: passing url as argument from one air application to another at startup of second air application
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 18:34:57 GMT
On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 11:30 AM, Avinash Narayanan <avinashapr9@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm in a desperate position. I need to pass a url in the argument when
> launching an air application from another air application using
> this<
> http://blogs.adobe.com/simplicity/2008/04/browser_api_and_user_events.html
> >
>  however this <http://forums.adobe.com/thread/243678> says you can only
> pass alphanumeric stuff plus =-: special characters. I've been searching
> for hours without being able to figure this one out. also not able to
> figure out how I can pass using flashvars since I don't have an url to
> call, just appID. I can't use localConnection because well...they don't
> want it. Any other way? encoding? #HELP!
>
> Thanks
> Avinash

This is probably a better question for StackOverflow as that community
specifically looks to answer these kinds of questions and
flex-dev@incubator.apache.org is for Flex framework SDK development
discussion. That said, I would try base64 encoding your URL or something
along those lines.

Good luck!
-s9tpepper@apache.org