From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MENTOR] source package questions
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 22:32:22 GMT

> 3.  If you have a .fla file which is a source file for Adobe Flash
> Professional does that mean we have to require Adobe Flash Professional as
> a prerequisite build tool?  We have other similar situations which involve
> different apps/tools to produce different assets.
>
> Is Flash Pro required to run a successful build? If so, then I guess we do
> need it as a requirement. If not then it's optional I guess.

Not sure if it makes it any clearer, but I would put it this way:

Flash Pro is to a .swf asset AS Photoshop/Gimp/MSPaint is to a .jpg file

One does not require Photoshop/Gimp/MSPaint to render a .jpg file, but one
definitely needs such a tool to modify it.

I dont think we are planning to *build* any source code using Flash Pro.