From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Preliminary release candidate of Apache Flex 4.8.0 (for developers only)
Date Fri, 18 May 2012 00:56:42 GMT
Hi,

> I am just getting back to this.  Do you think the build files need to have
> something like
>
> <external-library-path
> dir="${env.PLAYERGLOBAL_HOME}/${playerglobal.version}">
>    <include name="playerglobal.swc"/>
>            </external-library-path>

Yep. It also will cause less confusion as if you have multiple playerglobal.swc around you
tend to forget which Flash Player they are for.

Perhaps also a MD5 hash check to see if the SDK is using the right one?

> and the *-config.xml files need
>
> <external-library-path>
>
> <path-element>{playerglobalHome}/{targetPlayerMajorVersion}.{targetPlayerMi
> norVersion}/playerglobal.swc</path-element>
>      </external-library-path>
Yep.

> The default, which btw, I was surprised to see is hard-coded into the
> compiler is 11.1.
Which is what 4.6 SDK expected (from memory). I assume we should be looking to move to 11.2
(or 11.3) once the parity release is done (similar to the previous patches to the build scripts
I made).

Thanks,
Justin