From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: Library Versions used in Flex SDK
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 12:46:39 GMT
I agree to this statement.

Flexmojos has a lot of code and even mor testsuite code to make Flexmojos run with any of
the SDKs Velo provided. Unfortunatley it has to be backward compatible. This is what's making
it pretty complicated in some parts. Merging Flexmojos into Apache would make them have to
maintain this.

Creating a completely new Plugin which is designed to work with the Apache Flex versions sounds
to be a better approach. If there are plans towards this, I would be glad to help.

Chris

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2012 23:50
An: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: Library Versions used in Flex SDK

On 5/23/12 1:15 PM, "Carlos Rovira" <carlos.rovira@codeoscopic.com> wrote:

> Hi Alex and Chris,
>
> I asked in the flexmojos list, but I'll do it here since is related to
> Apache Flex as well. With the new announcements in the flexmojos list
> (Marvin hasleft the project in Chris hands) it make me think the
> following: Apache owns Maven and Flex...could have sense to bring
> flexmojos to Apache as well? (Apache FlexMojos)?
>
> I think it'd be very natural and convenient if all projects will be
> under the same umbrella and will evolve based on the same criteria.
> What do you think about it? Could it have sense?

If the owners of FlexMojos want to contribute it to Apache, we would probably accept it.
My main concern is whether FlexMojos has to contain all that it contains.  Maybe there is
a simpler extension for Maven given that we can do pretty much whatever we want to the SDK.
 FlexMojos is the way it is in part because the Flex SDK was packaged the way it was and the
compiler worked the way it does.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team