From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: Library Versions used in Flex SDK
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 12:40:58 GMT
Hi Justin,

well there actually is no change at all to Flex nessessary to use it in Maven, you only have
to provide metadata to each jar/swf/swc/swz in the SDK. This metadata tells maven, which libraries
a library depends on and automatically takes care of downloading them. The second thing needed
would be someone to publish the SDK together with it's metadata in a public repository (Ideally
Maven Central).

Besides the ASDoc issues, I currently don't know of any pressing issues, but currently I have
to take care of generating the Metadata on my own and I thought it would be a good thing for
the people maintaining Flex to also maintain its Metadata :-)

Chris

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Justin Mclean [mailto:justin@classsoftware.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 24. Mai 2012 13:59
An: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Library Versions used in Flex SDK

Hi,

> We don't have to miss the main point: get Apache Flex coexist with
> other technologies
I think we all agree that is a good way forward/outcome. However I don't really know (and
I assume other people as well) the details on exactly what are the issues are in getting the
Flex SDK working with Mavin.

> What is real is that refactoring Apache Flex SDK to take into account
> this kind of build management system will help a lot in this necesity.
What changes would be required to the current structure to make like easier for Mavin? Are
there any simple changes that would make it easier for the Flex SDK to work with Mavin?

Thanks,
Justin