From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: AW: Library Versions used in Flex SDK
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 12:41:10 GMT
I allready feared that there could be problems with legal issues in distributing the runtimes.
I guess the only solution would be do publish the tool to enable people to generate their
own SDK versions (including the flash players and playerglobals).

Flexmojos is not only a link between Flex and Maven, but integrates several other tools, that
make it extremely valuable:
- Apparat Integration to optimize the SWFs and SWCs
- GraniteDS to automatically generate the ActionScript model classes from their Java counterparts.
So simply integrating the basic compiler feature would strip a lot of it's functionality.
It would be great however if the compiler would could be called directly instead of having
to go the way of simulating the commandline call.

I know that Flexmojos still has quite some issues, but most of the Issues I had to resolve
were mainly related to problems in the Flex compiler code (Just to mention one: Try using
ASDoc with code comments containing the "@" character ;-) ). I toally agree that the general
perspective should be to integrate the functionality of flexmojos into Flex, or at least have
them maintained by the same group, but I think the current SDK has far too many issues that
should be adressed first. Trying to create a new Maven integration layer would just add more
to the todo list. So for now I think it would be great to work together. I would be glad to
contribute to make Flex work better. As soon as the main issues are resolved I would also
be glad to help you create something similar or to integrate flexmojos to flex.

I'm also not requesting to change flex in any way to make mavenizing the sdk easier. Currently
I was only suggesting to clean up the structure of the SDK to more reflect the parts natures
and to generate some helpfull other stuff that makes life of people using it a lot easier:
- Generate a special pom containing only dependencyManagement section. This can be imported
into other maven projects to automatically set the versions of the sdk artifacts.
- Generate a special jar containing metadata that can be used by flexmojos to perform validation
(minimum SFW-version, minimum playerglobal version, etc.).
Just to name a few.

Chris

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----