From "" <>
Subject AW: AW: need help improving flexmojos and flex-sdk integration?
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 15:46:55 GMT
Ok .. this time responding to all :)

Well If there are no objections, I would continue my work on the migration tool and then contribute
that. This way at least Apache could start hosting the official releases of Flex in a way
others can actually use it.
Migrating the SDK itself would be something that would have to be discussed in the group,
but I am willing to do my share in the process.

Especially the ASDoc tool needs a complete rewrite, because this was what was causing most
trouble in the current Flexmojos version.

[ C h r i s t o f e r  D u t z ]

C-Ware IT-Service
Dipl. Inf. Christofer Dutz
Karlstraße. 104, 64285 Darmstadt

   IT- und Systemhäuser<>

fon:  0 61 51 / 27315 - 61
fax:  0 61 51 / 27315 - 64
mobil:  0171 / 7 444 2 33

UStId-Nr. DE195700962

Von: Jeffry Houser []
Gesendet: Freitag, 11. Mai 2012 17:38
Betreff: Re: AW: need help improving flexmojos and flex-sdk integration?

On 5/11/2012 11:27 AM,<> wrote:
Hi Jeffry,

well the reasons I was asking, was that I was hoping to hear something like "Jhon Doe is working
on mavenizing flex, just talk to him" as I thought Mavenizing Flex would be something that
certainly someone would be workin on allready.

 People have spoken about it.  I know it is a common request.  I do not know if anyone is
working on it.  You're welcome to take up the charge.

On the other side, converting something like Flex into a Maven project is certainly nothing
one person does in 5 minutes so this would have to be planned. Are there plans to migrate
or is the current strategy to leave it as is and manually transform the result to Mavenized

 I know of no plans.

If this is not the case, I am currently trying to build a tool that would allow me to generate
mavenized versions of Flex based upon SDK zips oft he finished product. As a lot of re-released
versions have to be created (All the "A" versions). Velo did a great job in providing the
SDKs, but asking him to re-deploy all of them would be too much to ask for. I think such a
tool wuld be really usefull.

 I know very little about Maven personally, but I agree, it does sound like it would be useful.
 You're welcome to take up the charge and make it happen.

Jeffry Houser

Technical Entrepreneur

Part of the DotComIt Brain Trust