From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Apache SDK to Flash Builder - anyone what to help out with design?
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 14:15:45 GMT
Hi,

> Yes there are legal implications .  Apache can not use the FlashBuilder logo.

Really? I would assume as long as you stated that is was a registered trademark belonging
to Adobe  it would be OK. The Flash Builder logo appears in many other places other than the
Adobe site eg blogs, reviews, wikipedia, training material etc etc. Worse case I assume Adobe
could give us permission to use the logo?  Especially in an application that's basically
for their benefit?

If we've unable to use the logo I would also have to assume we would be unable to use the
term "Flash Builder" or "Flash Player" and all references to these would have to be removed?
And not only in this app but  the build scripts and SDK as well?

Justin

PS  if you do happen to  need a nice hi res version of the logo it was posed here on the Adobe
blog:
http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplatform/2011/06/build-mobile-apps-for-android-devices-blackberry-playbook-iphone-and-ipad-today.html/flash-builder-logo

And an older version on wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Adobe_Flash_Builder_4_Logo.svg