From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: CI server
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 08:17:52 GMT
Hi,

I set up a draft nightly build call "Flex SDK nightly build". People who have access can you
take a look and see that it's ok.

It's currently disabled and wouldn't work if was run.

We need to:
1. Work out how to download the optional bits (Air SDK, Flash debug player and playerglobal.swc).
The easy way to do this would be to provide an ant script  (or a target in the main script
not run by default) that Jenkins can run. This ant script (or target) would need to be checked
into SVN.
2. Fix paths of environment variables. Also as the environment variable for the Flash debug
player is OS specific we probably need to specify an OS and lock the build to a machine running
that OS. Perhaps it would be better if this environment variable just specified the path the
flash debugger and the ANT script take care of the OS specific bit?

Some other notes.
1. I've set the build timeout to 15 minutes this may need to be modified.
2. How many nightly builds do we want to keep? I've set it to 7.
3. I've set the build script to use Java 1.6 and Ant 1.7.
4. There's no antconrib installed but for the main target that's fine (I believe) but we may
run into issues with other targets later. How do we wont to deal with this?
5. It emails notification of broken builds to flex-dev@incubator.apache.org

Thanks,
Justin