From Sanford Redlich <siredl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: Preliminary release candidate of Apache Flex 4.8.0 (for developers only)
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 16:51:31 GMT
That sounds like a great contribution, Chris!  - S.

On 5/17/2012 9:41 AM, christofer.dutz@c-ware.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently working on a tool to automatically convert a flex sdk into a mavenized
form that I can use together with my flexmojos maven builds.

> While I was working on this, I could never understand, why the playerglobal and airglobal
stuff is actually located inside the Flex SDK framework directory. As far as I understood
it, it actually has nothing to do with the actual Flex framework and is more part of the runtime.
I guess Adobe will still be using Flash Player and playerglobal as they are provided by Adobe
and Apache doesn't do any developing in this sector. Am I correct?

> In my tool I decided to deploy the playerglobal and airglobal parallel to the runtimes,
this also avoided the version confusions in flexmojos:
> Now you select which flex sdk you want and what player version.
>
> Just to ad my 50ct to this discussion about the playerglobal location.
>
> Chris
>

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

get what you are saying about the playerglobal version.
> When you change the target version either thru the IDE or on the command line, the path
to playglobal.swc should automagically change.  In flex-config.xml, rather than the current
entries which are

>      <external-library-path>
> 	<path-element>{playerglobalHome}/playerglobal.swc</path-element>
>      </external-library-path>
>
>      <path-element>{playerglobalHome}</path-element>
>

> the proper entries should be
>
>      <external-library-path>
>
> <path-element>{playerglobalHome}/{targetPlayerMajorVersion}.{targetPlayerMi
> norVersion}/playerglobal.swc</path-element>
>      </external-library-path>
>

> <path-element>{playerglobalHome}/{targetPlayerMajorVersion}.{targetPlayerMi
> norVersion}</path-element>
>
> The compiler replaces playerglobalHome with PLAYERGLOBAL_HOME environment variable (or
with the change I am sitting on the env.PLAYERGLOBAL_HOME property in env.properties) and
it replaces {targetPlayerMajorVersion} and {targetPlayerMinorVersion} with the targetVersion.

> I think I originally removed the version stuff because it is more complicated to explain
how the directory structure pointed to by PLAYERGLOBAL_HOME is set up.  Minimally you need
playerglobal-dir/x.x where x.x is the value of playerglobal.version in build.properties.