From Simon Morvan <gar...@zone84.net>
Subject Re: [MENTORS] Handling Adobe Binaries
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 08:41:44 GMT
Le 02/05/2012 10:34, Bertrand Delacretaz a écrit :
> I think considering them as build tools that people have
> to download separately is fine for now.
For what is worth, I think that this denote that the comparison with the
Java JDK is biased.

Maybe Java JDK needs build tools to be downloaded separately by the
developper in order to perform some specific task, but with a vanilla
JDK, without downloading anything else, you can produce a working 'Hello
World'.

Without playerglobal.swc, you can't do anything. Having it to be d/l
separately from Adobe make the Apache Flex SDK broken by design IMHO and
dangerously dependent on Adobe future decisions regarding those files.

--
Simon Morvan