From Tink <f...@tink.ws>
Subject Re: Apache SDK to Flash Builder - anyone what to help out with design?
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 13:07:17 GMT

On 30 May 2012, at 13:44, Tink wrote:

> On 30 May 2012, at 13:33, Tomasz MaciÄ…g | Fuse Collective wrote:
>
>> W dniu 2012-05-30 13:18, Tink pisze:
>>> On another note, does anyone else think that having the install button red is
a little weird. Red to me indicates a warning,
>> I think you're right. I'll change that (to orange maybe...)
>
> Or green? Green been 'proceed, move forward, continue, go, ready' to me. Orange means
'caution, wait'.

I've always stuck with 50% alpha for disabled, as the Spark theme does. This in my mind works
as the colour is washed out showing the bg through it. Im not sure a bright orange button
would mean disabled to me.

It also makes the skins and CSS a whole lot easier too as you can have a single base color
(using the SparkSkin and colorize), with highlights and shadows for the different states,
and alpha the whole thing for disabled.