From Carol Frampton <cfram...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Different behaviour on click and doubleClick on UIComponent
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 13:16:33 GMT
The spark DataGrid has support for click and double click.  Look in grid.as<http://grid.as>
if you want to see how it was done.

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX™ 4G on AT&T

-----Original message-----
From: andrei apostolache <apostolache.andrei@gmail.com>
To: "flex-dev@incubator.apache.org" <flex-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Sent: Sat, Apr 21, 2012 17:55:12 GMT+00:00
Subject: Re: [Proposal] Different behaviour on click and doubleClick on UIComponent

Doug, Alex I'm pretty sure there should be something in the UIComponent to
make the difference between click & doubleClick event. I didn't investigate
too much in this, it was just something that I had to deal on Friday and
wanted to see if someone else had this problem (mine was a bit more complex
that on click event the component was reposition so the double click was
impossible to be made, but also the component need different behaviour on
click & double click).
What I don't know for sure is why there is the
*doubleClickEnabled*property in UIComponent. Maybe a quicker and
simpler solution might be a
callLater on dispatching the "click" event and a flag on "doubleClick"
handler, if the flag is set on true on doubleClick once the callLater is
called is just ignoring to dispatch the click event. Otherwise your
dispatching the click event.
Of course is a simple workaround to be done and maybe a feature that is not
used by a lot of people, but won't mess with the functionality of
UIComponent, it will be available only if you set doubleClickEnabled, but I
think that UIComponent should be the class to have this because I already
had the same request on a Group, Button and on a ItemRenderer.

Regards,
Andrei.