From David Coleman <david_coleman_...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Falcon JS is still alive?
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 16:02:15 GMT

You will have to overcome some technical challenges such as the fact that there are different
behaviors in web vs/ tablet vs/ desktop. and of course in android vs. iOS.

I recommend using a ClassFactory approach and put things in a core lib and then instantiate
the proper class based on the System.capabilities and platform, etc...  so you do something
(in the case of maybe you want to get a a controller) like ControllerFactory.getController(FooController):IFooController

which will return you the specific implementation for your platform.  you can refactor an
existing application to do this rather easily, and when you encounter differences, add an
override in the platform specific class for that method.  In that way you share all the code
technologically possible and can then implement the cross-platform coreLib that you place
these classes in as part of an AIR desktop app, web app, or mobile app.

Again, when you are talking about extending a code base across all these different platforms
you need to remember to keep your UI as clean as possible and wrap as much code as possible
in Factories that deliver the proper implementation for the platform executing the code.

> Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 17:48:23 +0200
> Subject: Re: Falcon JS is still alive?
> From: jszczepankiewicz@gmail.com
> To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
>
> export to adobe air and distrubute via AppStore?
>
> 2012/4/13 Matteo Tassetti <mtassetti@anastasis.it>:
> > and iOS?
> > I have hibrid html & flex applications
> > How to make that to work in iOS? Is it possible?
> >
> > 2012/4/13 Charles Monteiro <charles@nycsmalltalk.org>
> >
> >> not trying to start anything here, but if Apache Flex becomes a long term
> >> viable effort I personally don't see why I would care to generate JS. I
> >> find Flex infinitely better to work with.
> >>
> >> -Charles
> >>
> >> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 9:31 AM, Matteo Tassetti <mtassetti@anastasis.it

JS.
> >> it