From David Coleman <david_coleman_...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: HTTPService woes
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2012 15:11:59 GMT

No, I'm trying to establish a persistent session login using cookies from an AIR app to a
CakePHP backend.  The AsyncToken is because I want to be able to create a service stack using
an object as a hash map which stores the invocation parameters of the service call in a stack
using the tokenID.

the idea is that I do

FooService.getInstance().getSomeRelatedStuff(objThatStuffWillRelateTo:BlahObj,success:Function,failure:Function):AsyncToken
{
var token:AsyncToken = service.send();
FooService.callStack[token.tokenID] = obj;
}

then when i get a response, i can use the asynctoken to go back to the service call stack
and access the same data that I used to invoke the service which generated the result which
I am processing...  In that way i don't have to search through a bunch of arrays to find the
same object again, i just save the pointer to the data that I used to fire off the call and
then do whatever i need with it.

But the darn HTTPService class is blasting all my attempts to use cookies, so i can't pass
the session id's etc... to the php, which means that I can't use authentication only service
calls, which is totally distasteful and insecure.

All of my googling indicates that this is a known and hated issue with HTTPService.  Any thoughts
here?  I'm about to chase this one down and kill it with a prejudice if I can do so w/o wasting
too much time.

-Dave