From David Coleman <david_coleman_...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: combo box
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 17:40:21 GMT

Yes and no.  with this you can set the actual emptyItemValue to be whatever you want.  For
instance if you have some complex set of dto's etc, you can set the emptyItemValue to be an
actual object and have it be able to work more seamlessly with other parts of the logic.
There are quite a few edge cases where you might want to distinguish the empty item by some
value other than -1, but still represent the selectedIndex as -1 for compatibility with the
framework.