From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [MENTOR] release candidate
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 20:27:39 GMT

On Apr 20, 2012, at 1:13 PM, Carol Frampton wrote:

> Early next week we hope to start posting release candidates.  In the initial iterations
many of the Apache documentation requirements will not have been completed but we'd like to
have people download, build and start testing the code.  Our thought is that we could have
a thread on the mailing list where we collect issues that need to be addressed before we can
release.

> The Apache release docs specify where to upload an actual release but there is no mention
of where a release candidate should be put so that developers can access it.  Is there a specific
location for release candidates?

A common way would be for the "Release Manager" to put the candidates into their people.apache.org
account's public_html folder and then have an email, wiki and/or site page link to the RC.

Regards,
Dave