From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: ArrayList itemUpdateHandler Change
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 16:53:36 GMT
>That is exactly my point.  We can "fix" a whole slew of big, bad, annoying things.  but
we will end up creating an SDK version that will totally shatter many existing applications
which most likely will have implemented >careful workarounds and quirk-specific code for
quirks that we will be "resolving"...  Don't get me wrong, this is a great idea and well worth
the time in my opinion, but how will we prepare  (or better, shield) the >community from
the effects on the common developer's code?

Well, first thing I think is that we make sure everything still internally works in the framework.
At some point though we will likely need to document this and bit the bullet.

As someone who has been intimate with the framework for years I can guarantee you that the
order of events in something like combobox has basically changed every other versions since
flex 2, so we have precedent :)