From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: RFC - additional registerClassAlias
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 22:25:18 GMT
>For now, are you okay with adding this to VectorList and then going from there?

I could do this by noticing the type of the Vector when a VectorList is instantiated or when
you attempt to serialize, but there is a catch. If I receive a Vector from the server before
the first time a VectorList is instantiated, the serialization will fail. That's a crappy
thing to debug as multiple paths through an application could yield different results.

I could also do it as a static initializer of the VectorList class so that the first time
the class is touched the register happens. Still not ideal, but at least you would only pay
if you used the VectorList.

Thoughts?
Mike