From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: RFC - additional registerClassAlias
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 22:04:25 GMT
>Why should built-ins be auto-registered, but my custom classes are not (without doing [RemoteClass])?

Well, I would say they kind of are. You can serialize and deserialize a String without doing
a register.

>This is one of the places I do wish we could get a VM change, but we can't and will have
to live some with imperfections.

Agreed

>So, I'm asking you to think about a PAYG way of doing this before making every app pay.

Fair enough. The thing I am trying to avoid is just 50 users solving this problem 52 different
ways. So many apps I see have a variation of this workaround in it. To me, that's kind of
silly. For now, are you okay with adding this to VectorList and then going from there?

Mike