From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Different behaviour on click and doubleClick on UIComponent
Date Sun, 22 Apr 2012 04:44:05 GMT

On 4/21/12 10:54 AM, "andrei apostolache" <apostolache.andrei@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Doug, Alex I'm pretty sure there should be something in the UIComponent to
> make the difference between click & doubleClick event.
DoubleClick is defined on flash.display.InteractiveObject.  There is no code
in UIComponent for it.

> What I don't know for sure is why there is the
> *doubleClickEnabled*property in UIComponent. Maybe a quicker and
> simpler solution might be a
> callLater on dispatching the "click" event and a flag on "doubleClick"
> handler, if the flag is set on true on doubleClick once the callLater is
> called is just ignoring to dispatch the click event. Otherwise your
> dispatching the click event.
You are welcome to implement whatever behavior you can on top of
UIComponent, but some folks want other behavior.  We should either leave
whatever behavior the player defaults to or allow plug-in/replaceable
behavior.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team