From Alex Harui <>
Subject Re: Missing flex-jars project
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 06:39:11 GMT

On 4/19/12 4:04 PM, "Om" <> wrote:

> I removed flex-jars project dependency and it still has a few thousand
> errors.  I saw a couple of obvious issues:
> 1. The thirdparty/batik/ classes are referenced in the flex-compiler
> project, but there is no project dependency or source code dependency
> anywhere.
> 2. The java source folders on build path are referencing
> xml-batik/{folder_names} whereas it should be batik/{folder_names}
> I am powering through these issues as they popup and am documenting them as
> I go.
> If someone has already fixed these issues, please holler :-)
I think I got it working.  The flex-jars project is how batik and some other
third party stuff gets found, but also contained jars like the font
embedding stuff that we couldn't donate.  I updated the projects to not use
flex-jars and directly point to the jars in the lib folder.

FWIW, I get something like 1549 warnings which is expected.  This is using
Java 1.6 and Eclipse 3.5.

I would caution against doing lots of changes to MXMLC.  The plan is still
to get Falcon donated this year which should be easier to modify.

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.

View raw message