From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Missing flex-jars project
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 06:39:11 GMT

On 4/19/12 4:04 PM, "Om" <bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:

> I removed flex-jars project dependency and it still has a few thousand
> errors.  I saw a couple of obvious issues:
>
> 1. The thirdparty/batik/ classes are referenced in the flex-compiler
> project, but there is no project dependency or source code dependency
> anywhere.
> 2. The java source folders on build path are referencing
> xml-batik/{folder_names} whereas it should be batik/{folder_names}
>
> I am powering through these issues as they popup and am documenting them as
> I go.
>
> If someone has already fixed these issues, please holler :-)

I think I got it working.  The flex-jars project is how batik and some other
third party stuff gets found, but also contained jars like the font
embedding stuff that we couldn't donate.  I updated the projects to not use
flex-jars and directly point to the jars in the lib folder.

FWIW, I get something like 1549 warnings which is expected.  This is using
Java 1.6 and Eclipse 3.5.

I would caution against doing lots of changes to MXMLC.  The plan is still
to get Falcon donated this year which should be easier to modify.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team