From Alex Harui <>
Subject Re: [RT] MXMLC tests & future was: MXMLC now in trunk
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 05:03:39 GMT

On 4/15/12 9:56 PM, "Martin Heidegger" <> wrote:

> On 16/04/2012 13:21, Alex Harui wrote:
>> I wouldn't say "never touch".  There is probably a bug or two worth fixing.
>> But I would save any major changes for Falcon.
> Well, I would. Have seen too many "features" that resulted in more bugs.
> Hardly any functionality
> that never breaks anything.
I would save "feature" work for Falcon.  But I can imagine there are bug
fixes worth taking.
>> The proper way to test the compiler is out of my area of expertise.
> Is it so different from other code? Test the public API if it does whats
> its supposed to :)
And that's why it is out of my area.  Is the public API of a compiler its
command-line options?  Or the public API of classes in the jars?
>> I would think that one way would be to code up a set of SWFs and see if they
>> continue to output correctly. Such a thing would be useful for Falcon as
>> well.
> Hmm... sounds like bytecode analysis best written in a language that
> supports threading. Using the FlashPlayer for that will be terribly
> slow. Sounds like fun. is in the donation and converts ABC code to text.
Something like it could be used to do analysis.

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.

View raw message