From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: combo box
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 19:42:51 GMT

On 4/10/12 12:17 PM, "Jeffry Houser" <jeffry@dot-com-it.com> wrote:

>   I gave it a selectedValue property, a valueField property, and a
> valueFunction property; similar--in concept--to how the selectedItem,
> labelField, and labelFunction work.
>
>   Really the code is just a layer of abstraction for a loop.  If I were
> to implement something like that in the framework, I'd probably to up to
> List or ListBase as opposed to making it ComboBox specific.

And for the record, starting in Flex 4, MX Combobox had this function
property [1].  It was not implemented in Spark.  But these days I am a fan
of plugging in things like this.

[1]
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform//reference/actionscript/3/mx/contr
ols/listClasses/ListBase.html#selectedItemsCompareFunction

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team