From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: combo box
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 18:27:04 GMT

On 4/10/12 10:59 AM, "David Coleman" <david_coleman_007@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Wow, what a great idea... maybe we can merge both of our ideas into a single
> better component!

Possibly.  In theory, you can grab code off my blog and just use it,
although the licensing is not explicit.  I've been planning to get a ruling
from Adobe legal later after we get past the other issues.

In the meantime, there can be an discussion as to whether there should be a
different flavor of Combobox for this case as you proposed or whether it is
good enough to simply use custom data providers, or even whether ComboBox
should be enhanced to handle this scenario.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team