From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: flex breakdown
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 21:40:07 GMT

On 4/5/12 2:31 PM, "olegsivokon@gmail.com" <olegsivokon@gmail.com> wrote:

> Alex,
>
> I will. Although, this thread started as general discussion of how many and
> of what kind bundles to make. So this one I'm very insistent about is
> really only one of the longer list. It just got concentrated on this one
> option. I'd really wanted to hear opinions (or rather reasoning for why it
> isn't possible / undesirable to) do other things - such as separate
> documentation download, Eclipse / Linux packaging, possibly pure binary
> package (which wouldn't include sources) etc. I don't know why this one
> option caught so much attention...
>
> Some of the questions, if being answered positively, will mean a lot of
> work - I'm not going to try to document all the undocumented Java code
> myself for example - I won't finish it until next millennium. But if there
> will be a consensus about that, then I could grab some part of it etc.

I would like the project to use JIRA as the place for polling for truly
actionable code tasks.  (As in, not for "make the framework faster", but
something smaller like "documentation-only package")  You can get a list of
the top voted issues and that can help folks decide what to work on.  It
will certainly guide my decision.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team