From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Board report, "Apache internals are starting to become a problem" ?
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 21:35:40 GMT

On 4/5/12 2:20 PM, "Greg Reddin" <gredbug@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
>> That's a good point, but I would have to think that there are distributed
>> server installations at plenty of other places in the world where they have
>> ways of auto-updating the "world" quickly.
>
> That's probably true, and I suspect you could make an argument that
> our infra should be set up that way. So, as far as our board report is
> concerned (sorry I haven't read it yet), we should make sure we state
> this in terms of our needs or expectations. Something like: "We're
> concerned that the delays in getting our infra setup are hurting the
> project."
I will try to re-word the report to make that argument without targeting
secretary and infra.

> At the same time, we should probably be looking at ways to
> work around the current situation and not let it hold us back.
I believe the next step was to try to make the "parity" release.  Carol said
she has the build script ready to go on her whiteboard.  We can't really cut
a release from her whiteboard can we?  That's why I think we're waiting on
SVN import to trunk.

Is there something else we need to do before trying to make this release?  I
know there are things we need to get done before a release would ever get
signed off (like settle the trademark issue), but it seemed like everything
is waiting on being able to run the script from trunk.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team