From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: RFC - additional registerClassAlias
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 21:06:42 GMT

On 4/5/12 2:01 PM, "Michael A. Labriola" <labriola@digitalprimates.net>
wrote:

>> I would put the additional registration calls in the class initializer for
>> VectorCollection.  If you aren't using it, you shouldn't have to pay for the
>> registration.
>
> Alex,
>
> This affects Vector, not just VectorCollection. How do I add the registrations
> to the initializer for Vector?

Really, you want to tie it to the attempt to deserialize a Vector, not the
use of Vector (or even VectorColletion) in any app, right?  You could
subclass the known serialization points and hook their initializers.  If you
go low-level, you should have to deal with registration, but if you use
VectorSerializableByteArray instead of ByteArray, maybe that's when it gets
more convenient?
--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team