From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: CFF Font Embedding (was Re: Here Comes MXMLC!)
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 16:43:52 GMT

On 4/4/12 9:30 AM, "Martin Heidegger" <mh@leichtgewicht.at> wrote:

> As I search about implementing fonts in haXe i stumbled upon this [1]. I
> have to say hxswfml is easier to read than the fontforge source.
An update:  Adobe is still investigating what it would take to make a set of
JARs available to Apache.

The fontswf utility is only available in the full Adobe Flex SDK.  Someone
would have to have an Adobe license then could create SWFs with fonts in
them that can be embedded into Apache Flex SWFs.

I've been told that DefineFont4 is really just a blog of CFF data, so any
utility that can convert other fonts to CFF has a chance of working.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team