From Carol Frampton <cfram...@adobe.com>
Subject update: new files in https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/trunk
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 22:22:52 GMT
Hi,

Since yesterday I've committed to asdocs and bin directories, and I just added the top-level
build.xml file, a README that goes with it and a few other Apache required files.  I also
updated modules/downloads.xml in my whiteboard area.

You should be able to build if combine the files in
 https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/trunk
with the files in my whiteboard area,
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/whiteboard/cframpton/trunk

See the README.

The key thing to be aware of is the thirdparty dependencies are downloaded once and not again
until you explicitly clean them.  They don't change often so no need to keep downloading them.
 The normal "ant clean" does not delete these files.  You can use "ant super-clean" or "ant
thirdparty-clean" to delete them.  See the README.

The build files are a "work in progress" and there will be rough spots.  I've cleaned out
some of the crud but there is much more to go.

If you need to fix a build file because something just doesn't work on your platform, then
go ahead, but let's save style changes/rewrites to after the parity release.  If you want
to improve on or correct the README, go ahead.

I'm a neat-nik and like clean to really be clean but it isn't there yet.  I like to see files
generated by the build marked as ignored so they don't show up unversioned when I'm looking
at svn status.  Also not there yet.

Carol