From Pepe <pepe.f...@gmail.com>
Subject performance issues of tab movement in s:DataGrid of Flex 4.6
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 12:04:27 GMT
Hello

I found an issue on item editors movement by TAB key.
In mx:DataGrid, it moves quickly. However, I feel it's slow in s:DataGrid.
I investigated source of classes related with s:DataGrid a little.

I found three factors.

  1) s:GridItemEditor uses s:TextArea
   2) grid.focusManager.getNextFocusManagerComponent takes dozens of
milliseconds in editor_keyFocusChangeHandler function of
s:DataGridEditor
   3) it calls the validateNow method in do while loop at
ensureCellIsVisible function of s:Grid

We can avoid 1) by using custom light-weight editor. But we can't
avoid 2) and 3).

Why is 2) needed?

It takes 10% of CPU resources at each TAB key movement of itemEditors
because the validateNow is called.
When I comment out 3), the focus moves incorrectly at rendererIsEditor column.
However, there should be other ways without calling validateNow.

thanks

Shigeru Nakagaki