From Left Right <olegsivo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: flex breakdown
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 20:45:30 GMT
Dough,

There is a great deal of a difference between those who need framework and
those who need the SDK (those who need framework still need the SDK, but
those who need the SDK, don't necessarily need framework).
This is why, for example, code editors for AS have "pure AS" projects. The
number of uses of this kind of project may vary as per editor, but in some
it is the kind that prevails and is paid most attention to (this kind would
correspond to "bare SDK" use case).
Having these two separate has other benefits, such as for example, we would
have a "guard" that prevents unwanted dependencies (historical examples of
such things being neglected are BitmapAsset and similar classes, which are
used in "pure AS3" projects making them dependent on framework, while there
is no such requirement.)

Any reasonable theory on software design would involve such thing as area
of application domain, regardless of whether you are building it for
yourself, your family or /dev/null - this is part of how you decide what
the program does and in what way. This doesn't contradict the "where it
happens" principle, because it speaks about a different thing. Imagine, you
are writing a compiler, but you are not manufacturing the processors. No
matter how hard you try to keep all discussions about what instructions to
implement - unless and until you research the area of application, all such
discussions are meaningless. The idea is to make decisions here (and not on
the side), but you can't limit the research to only this board.

Jeffry.
I'm asking a simple question that requires exactly one of the two answers
"yes" or "no". If anyone here needs it, I'll do it, if not - then I'm
sorry, but it takes time and effort at times spent on things I will never
get to even see. I didn't "feel" anything, I know for a fact that it is
needed because I do need it, the question is not about me though.

Best.

Oleg