From Left Right <olegsivo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: flex breakdown
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 18:07:35 GMT

> This is all conjecture, unless you have personally polled every single Flex
> and AS3 developer in the world these statements shouldn't be used to try
> and justify decisions. Unless you can back them up with hard data it just
> makes it sound like you are trying really hard to convince someone of
> something that may or may not be true.

These aren't exactly assumptions. I didn't poll personally, but
FlashDevelop developers had organized a poll, which was active for more
then two years now on inclusion of Flex SDK with the FlashDevelop. You can
see the results here:
http://flashdevelop.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4560
As you can see, about the half of the voters would rather not include the
SDK with their favorite editor. If you read the responses, you will see
that the major problem was the size of the download.

I can actually post polls to few popular user boards / user groups - should
I, if that is really of an interest, I'll do! But being an active user of
many such boards, I can quite predict the results. There will be a lot of
users who don't need that stuff from SDK. A lot means at leas hundreds of
votes (as per forum traffic, that would be a very significant number).

On the same note, if we are going to run few polls - do you have any wishes
about the wording of the question?

Best.

Oleg