From Left Right <olegsivo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: flex breakdown
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 20:14:54 GMT
Besides, we skipped few other important things:
- Eclipse-compatible install.
- RPM / DEB package(s).

I'm not convinced abut OS-particular bundles. It is only the matter of our
build scripts and intention, what they package. It's not going to divide
project between teams or anything like that. Today we could identify
content that is OS-specific and create a roll-out script that generates
several downloads for different OS-s. This is extra work, but, again, users
might appreciate it, as it will significantly reduce the size of the
download and the project's complexity (for them).
This doesn't mean that whoever downloads the sources and builds on their
own will get only stuff pertaining to their platform. But people who don't
build it on their own will.

Best.

Oleg