From Left Right <>
Subject Re: flex breakdown
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 18:19:18 GMT
> And does anyone know what percentage of developers use FlashDevelop? I, for
> one, have never even seen their home page, let alone used or downloaded it.
> Nor do I believe that any polls on any such boards that you didn't mention
> really matter either. All of these boards will have only a percentage of
> Flex and AS3 users, a percentage that is impossible for anyone to
> determine. I imagine this is why the Apache saying exists: "If it didn't
> happen in the mailing list, it didn't happen.".
> -omar

I'm sorry, but there isn't a better way - you would need to select a group
of users and poll them. If you have a better idea of how to poll all users
- I'm all ears. If you never heard of a single oldest open-source editor
for AS3, I am rather surprised about why are you putting this forward as an
advantage, or something you would want to show off... and how this makes
the poll less credible.

Again, I didn't say that either sources or other parts of the SDK are
useless, what I say is that people don't use them quite often. Some - never
use them. This is a common sense, that if a feature is not mandatory - make
it explicitly optional... It doesn't matter how good uses you can find for
the things in the SDK. The goal _is not_ to provide users with as much
stuff as you can. The purpose is to give them what they really need and be
flexible about giving per request.