From Left Right <olegsivo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: flex breakdown
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 19:14:21 GMT
Omar,
The intent is not to ask about Adobe Flex. The intent is to ask about what
features the users of AS3 / Flash may possibly need / expect from this
project. It's good to have our own idea about that, but we after all, don't
do it exclusively for ourselves. Besides, I don't see Flex suddenly being
entirely rewritten in a matter of month or two... it will be basically the
same product for quite some time (at least according to the roadmap /
future releases that had been discussed already).

Again, the intent is to ask, based on what already has been seen, what the
audience expects. It is no rocket science for someone who used the SDK and
/ or framework for few years to imagine or remember what they needed or
used, or had and never used.

Imagine that Adobe does it! Maybe not enough of market research, maybe it
fails to analyze the statistic (and maybe this is why the project is in the
state it is), but, hey, they were at least sane enough to ask about that...

You misunderstand the motto "If id didn't happen...". The intent is not to
ask ourselves what do we want to do, the intent is to research whether that
what we do is needed - what if the thing we wanted to do so very much in
actuality is not needed - how do you deduce it based on asking yourself?
You are not working for /dev/null alone, there's someone on the other end
of the pipe...

I'm sorry, but if you don't care about whether anyone needs the program
that you write - why are you doing it? Doesn't it look to you like a wasted
effort?

Beside other things, are you aware of this site
http://www.dearadobe.com/gripes/flex/ for example? There are few more,
organized by Adobe to gather public opinion on how their products are
accepted.

Best.

Oleg