From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Website
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 08:03:38 GMT
On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Ariel Jakobovits <arieljake@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yes, exactly. I would love to work on this. Im not a designer, but I can develop... how
should I
> proceed? Start brainstorming features and designs and submit them for a vote? Build it
piecemeal?...

Just do it.

IMO the best way to get concrete feedback on your ideas is to create a
prototype website for people to look at.

You could get the current content from
http://incubator.apache.org/flex/ (or the raw content at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/site/trunk/), play with
it, put the result somewhere where it has an URL and let this list
know.

An important aspect (also IMO) is the sustainability of the project
website - less content is usually better, as it's easier to keep up to
date. Building a fantastic complex website that takes a lot of effort
to maintain only works if volunteers stick around to maintain it.

But of course, a website that looks good doesn't hurt ;-)

-Bertrand