From Omar Gonzalez <s9tpep...@apache.org>
Subject Re: combo box
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 17:30:53 GMT
On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 10:23 AM, David Coleman <
david_coleman_007@hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi everyone.  Mike's most recent mail (mentioning that ComboBoxes have
> changed nearly every other release) made remember something that i have had
> sitting around in my personal files for some time.  It is a tweak to the
> combo box that allows you to have a blank item as the first item, allowing
> you to de-select the selected item and reset the combo to empty.  It has a
> configurable value (which defaults to -1) and a configurable label to show
> in the list (in case you want it to say "choose a city" or something else
> more context appropriate).
>
> I'm attaching the file.  Maybe it is something worth considering.  It is a
> behavior that is definitely lacking when you compare flex to other form
> entry UI/UX approaches.  The ability to "cancel" your selection in a combo
> box is rather basic and I've always been mildly surprised that it has never
> been introduced.
>
> Cheers!
> David

Hi David,

First of all welcome to the group! I don't see your file attachment, but
just wanted to ask is that for an MX component or Spark? Reason I ask is I
believe there is a prompt property on the Spark component to set a message,
or make it blank, when selectedIndex equals -1. Just throwing that out
there...

--
Omar Gonzalez
s9tpepper@apache.org