From Omar Gonzalez <omarg.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Board report, "Apache internals are starting to become a problem" ?
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 17:05:12 GMT
The delay issues with getting code into SVN and getting bugs into JIRA are
the single biggest detriment to this project at the moment and it is very
much affecting this community as it is trying to move on from the events
that landed this project in Apache's hands to begin with. I feel like it's
putting a huge damper on our ability to both move this project forward and
keep the interest of the community. I understand Apache Infra has a lot of
projects to attend, but that is precisely the problem. Apache projects
should have more autonomy around their databases, months of waiting for a
JIRA import is just unacceptable, specifically for a project with a
fractured community that is trying to build momentum and its community in
tact.

-omar@apache.org