From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [MENTOR] release candidate
Date Sun, 22 Apr 2012 20:42:14 GMT

On Apr 21, 2012, at 9:29 PM, Alex Harui wrote:

> On 4/21/12 4:28 AM, "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 10:13 PM, Carol Frampton <cframpto@adobe.com> wrote:
>>> Early next week we hope to start posting release candidates...
>>
>> Cool!
>>
>> Note that IMO we cannot accept a release under the Flex name before
>> the ASF has explicit permission to use that trademark. I have updated
>> FLEX-3 with the latest status.
>>
>> This doesn't prevent going forward with release candidates, just
>> wanted to make sure people are aware of that issue.
> Yes, we expect the RCs to be pulled back several times before we ask the
> IPMC for approval.  Not only do we have to work out the Trademark issue, we
> will be asking the mentors to make sure that we are handling various
> binaries correctly.

The LICENSE and LICENSE.bin files at the root of the SVN trunk need to properly broken up
into LICENSE / NOTICE and LICENSE.bin / NOTICE.bin.

Please see these two pages.

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-license

http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#notice

LICENSE is about the Apache License 2.0 plus any additional category-A compatible licenses.

NOTICE is for copyright and similar informationabout the included source code likely starting
with the Adobe copyright.

Regards,
Dave