From "Guthmann, Scott" <sguthm...@on3solutions.com>
Subject RE: [Proposal] Different behaviour on click and doubleClick on UIComponent
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 14:29:11 GMT
> in some cases you might need to have different behavior for a button/custom component
based on UIComponent for click and double click.
> An workaround will be to start a 300-400 millisecond timer in your click handler to delay
your actions (in case the user will go for a double-click), but I think the elegant way will
be that the UIComponent should take care of this once you set on true
> doubleClickEnabled.

Andrei - the project could use extra custom [Spark] components. Do you have a code for this
new component you can show us on your white board? Please post what you have written and then
ask this list to review what you have done and provide feedback. If you have use cases for
this component and the functionality cannot be done with other existing custom components,
then the Apache Flex project would benefit from having this additional option.

Thanks for the input!

Regards,

Scott Guthmann
Direct | 303.885.9485
E-mail | SGuthmann@On3solutions.com
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . .
This electronic message transmission contains information from the Company that may be proprietary,
confidential and/or privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual(s)
or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure,
copying or distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have
received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying
to the address listed in the "From:" field.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . .

It might be a weird proposal, but in some cases you might need to have different behavior
for a button/custom component based on UIComponent for click and double click.
An workaround will be to start a 300-400 millisecond timer in your click handler to delay
your actions (in case the user will go for a double-click), but I think the elegant way will
be that the UIComponent should take care of this once you set on true doubleClickEnabled.

Regards,
Andrei.

-----
No virus found in this message.