From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: RFC - additional registerClassAlias
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2012 00:13:52 GMT
HI,

> Okay, now that we almost have a VectorCollection, we have a bridge to cross... Serialization
or actually Deserialization.

Perhaps a way to get around this is instead of serialising the vector  is to serialise an
array representing the vector.

Something like so (not tested so not 100% sure if it will work).
    public function readExternal(input:IDataInput):void
    {
    	source = new Vector.<*>(input.readObject());
    }

    public function writeExternal(output:IDataOutput):void
    {
    	output.writeObject(toArray());
    }

I seem to recall running into the same issue with ArrayCollection a while back. I'll see if
I can dig up the code and remember what the exact issue was.

Thanks
Justin