From Simon Morvan <gar...@zone84.net>
Subject Re: [MENTORS] Handling Adobe Binaries
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 20:54:23 GMT
Le 26/04/2012 19:02, Alex Harui a écrit :

> On 4/26/12 4:48 AM, "Simon Morvan"<garphy@zone84.net>  wrote:
>
>> Le 26/04/2012 02:36, Alex Harui a écrit :
>> BTW,  playerglobal is redistributed in the 'mavenized' version you can
>> find on Sonatype repository that is crafted by velo (Flemojos author).
>> Redistribution of that stuff had never lead to complaints from Adobe AFAIK.
> Doesn't mean it is "legal", IMO.
>> I think this need clarification from Adobe. From my point of view
>> there's no issue with automatically downloading it when building the
>> package and redistributing such package containing it (aside potential
>> ASF rules violation).
> I am trying to get clarification, but I don't see how you can make that
> conclusion.  There is explicit language in the license about redistribution.

Oh. I don't make any conclusion. It's outside my skills to address the
issue from the 'legal' point of view. But as stated in this thread, from
a 'technical' point of view, those files are basically the ".h files" of
the VM API.  They do not really expose its internals.

For Adobe, refusing to relax licensing rights would be a serious
showstopper of the incubation process IMHO.

--
Simon