From Robert Smith <>
Subject Re: bay area folks and flash
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 22:15:13 GMT
While this thread doesn't really help move the cause of flex forward, I
think it's helpful to have these kinds of discussions. I'm sure there is
a more appropriate place to have them. Like others here, I feel like I'm
stuck between a rock and a hard place. The capabilities of HTML5 aren't
there yet, but I'm seeing flex work evaporate due to uncertainty. And I
really don't want to develop in HTML5 (head in la la la).

After reading all of the replies and seeing Mike Chambers attempt damage
control (and a noble attempt it was), we're still where we started.
Nothing is fixed. I don't think the vocal majority of the flex community
and Adobe's leadership will ever see eye to eye.

We've needed some kind of 3rd option for a while. If we (and by we, I
mean the people doing the real work) can be successful here, we'll have
that option. Jonathan is spot on.

On 4/18/2012 10:27 AM, Mike Chambers wrote:
> Agreed. Sorry about the off topic comments.
> mike chambers
> On Apr 18, 2012, at 8:33 AM, Jonathan Campos wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 5:31 PM, Mike Chambers<>  wrote:
>>> I dont think that anyone was arguing that it was.
>> Guys, I don't think this thread is helping anyone. I'd argue that this is
>> only adding to the issue. If you want to keep moving forward I would
>> recommend doing so and stop arguing about what was said. Start
>> contributing to the open source and keep moving forward.
>> --
>> Jonathan Campos

View raw message