From Martin Heidegger ...@leichtgewicht.at>
Subject Re: [RT] MXMLC tests & future was: MXMLC now in trunk
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 04:56:26 GMT
On 16/04/2012 13:21, Alex Harui wrote:
> I wouldn't say "never touch".  There is probably a bug or two worth fixing.
> But I would save any major changes for Falcon.

Well, I would. Have seen too many "features" that resulted in more bugs.
Hardly any functionality
that never breaks anything.

> The proper way to test the compiler is out of my area of expertise.

Is it so different from other code? Test the public API if it does whats
its supposed to :)
Fortunately most classes are public...

> I would think that one way would be to code up a set of SWFs and see if they
> continue to output correctly. Such a thing would be useful for Falcon as
> well.
Hmm... sounds like bytecode analysis best written in a language that
supports threading. Using the FlashPlayer for that will be terribly
slow. Sounds like fun.

yours
Martin.