From Martin Heidegger ...@leichtgewicht.at>
Subject [RT] MXMLC tests & future was: MXMLC now in trunk
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 01:05:29 GMT
I have spent some time reading through the Compiler(s) and I have now
stopped wondering why ASdoc (for one) is so slow. Anyways: trying to
make the compiler "better" seems almost impossible without tests. But
then also: It is my understanding that the compiler lacks layers that
would allow to test just "parts" of the compiler which in turn means: We
needed to test all of the MXMLC for a acceptable reliability. For the
unit tests I guess we will be finished with that task by the time Falcon
arrives or even a few months later - depending on our efforts and
without unit tests I do not feel comfortable deploying any changes to
the public even if Gorden Smith mentioned that the framework tests
should cover some parts: not all of them for certain! So here is my
basic question: Are the current compilers a "dead-birth" In other words:
One time release and never touch and wait for Falcon? I want to engage
in it but there seems hardly a good strategy for that. I am looking for
advice how to get going.

@Michael Labriola mentioned that he wants to build acceptance test if
you are up for a pair session I am willing to join over the net.
Acceptance tests should work for Falcon too, right?

yours
Martin.

On 12/04/2012 03:04, Alex Harui wrote:
> Infra was kind enough to import it last night.  I’m still verifying it, but so far,
it looks good.  Feel free to take a look.  I think the next step is to move a few files from
Carol’ whiteboard and see if it will build.