From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: FXGImage
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2012 16:05:11 GMT
On 4/7/2012 9:53 AM, Erik Lundgren wrote:
> Hi Jeffry!
>
> Saw your commit of the FXGImage!
> Just out of curiosity (and checking my own understanding of FXG), when should I use the
FXGImage?
  I really built it as a helper class.  I did know it was usable
directly in MXML, but it's been a while since I've tried that.  I do not
remember what limitations I Ran into with that approach.  I didn't know
it was turned into a SpriteVisualElement.  I had no idea you could just
create an FXG asset directly in ActionScript as a SpriteVisualElement.
If it always worked like that; I completely missed it.

  In theory the same class I provided could be used to encapsulate
library elements from a Flash Pro SWF; but I haven't tested that approach.

  The extra properties I have on the class (xOffset, yOffset,
heightIncrement, and widthIncrement) actually exist because of problems
I had with Flash Pro animations showing up in the wrong locations on
different DPIs in mobile applications.  This was a quick way to tweak
the positioning.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur