From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: Workspace files in SVN
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2012 01:04:57 GMT
On 4/6/2012 8:25 PM, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>> That's exactly the thing, that it doesn't work like that - everyone has
>> their source code in a different place, different project settings... if
>> you do this in a team you will get infinite war of minor similar changes of
>> the same property being set
> You can avoid this if you take a little care with some minor hand edits of the project
files (all paths can be made relative to the users workspace). I do this on a couple of large
projects ie workspace files are checked into SVN. It also works cross platform window/mac.

>   Jeff if you need a hand with this just ask.

  Thanks!  I got the stuff checked in (as I'm sure many of you saw the
50 or so notification emails).  Since all the source directories are
relative to the workspace root; I would expect it to just work.  I'm
doing the same thing with another project I'm on and we share the
workspace / project files between Windows (Me) and Mac (Other
developer).  It's been incredibly convenient.  My co-consultant on the
project did the initial commit; but as far as I knew he did no manual
edits to the eclipse property files.

  Even if you don't use Flash Builder; you can drill down into the
directories to get the source code.

  IF others have thoughts on this; I would love to hear them.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur