From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: Generic I/O Error When Committing to Whiteboard
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2012 23:21:57 GMT
On 4/6/2012 3:59 PM, Left Right wrote:
> I had this error happen to me before many times when using Surefire
> reports (with Maven builds). It used to locks files, but it can be
> just any other program not closing pipes to open files.
> So, can you try to move all staged files elsewhere, just for the sake
> of making sure they can be manipulated.

  I did that. and they all moved w/o issues.  I'm trying again with a
brand new checkout of the whiteboard, then adding my new stuff in; then
seeing if that'll work.

> I would of course, suspect Eclipse to lock it's workspace settings
> files. By the way, just asking - why do you want to commit it?

  I have no idea what the "Apache" way is regarding this.  But, checking
in the Flash Builder /Eclipse project files will make it insanely easy
for anyone--who uses Flash Builder--to share the project.  They just
"import projects from another workspace" and it works.  It's much easier
than creating a new project.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur